Friday, September 9

Study Math or Study Chess? Let's Ask Kasparov.

Hey all ya math and chess nerds! Garry Kasparov was interviewed on TV in Brazil:

I'll give you one example: there was an experience run in Germany by one of the German universities. They had classes, two classes. One had extra hours of mathematics. Another class, the same class, parallel, had extra hours in chess. At the end of the year, they compared the results in... mathematics! The class with chess won. But moreover it's about social integration, because it helps kids to gain some self-esteem, it boosts their attitude, sense of logic.

This sounds all too familiar to me.

1 comment:

Player said...

I love the math and love the chess, I think both are complement.
If I need to decide for one of them I think I decide for....Chess of course..jajajaja :)
http://www.ajedrezdesdematamoros.blogspot.com